How to Make Fresh Boards
- Using Any Axe Chop down a Tree to get a Log.
- Lift the Log and right-click on the Sawbuck to load in the Log. You cannot load Hollow Logs onto it.
- With Any Saw equipped, right-click the Sawbuck and select "Make Boards". A single Log will yield 30x Fresh Boards, an immature Tree will produce a smaller Log which will yield fewer Boards. The yield of a Log can be increased by your Hammer & Nail Proficiency. When Chopping Fresh Boards you may receive a Coffin Plank by chance instead.
How to Make Dry Boards
- Using 40 Fresh Boards and 10 Any Stone Build a Timber Pile on flat ground at least 5 tiles away from any other Structure, Tree, or other Timber Pile.
- Wait 3 days.
- Right-click on your Timber Pile and select "Collect Boards" to collect 40x Dry Boards, or Moldy Boards. When Collecting Boards you may receive a Ghost in the Grain by chance instead.
How to Make Planed and Oiled Boards
- Using the Plane Board action and a Carpenter's Bench plane your Dry Boards. If successful you will create a Planed Board. If unsuccessful you will receive 2x Wood Choppings instead. Your success rate can be increased by your Woodworking Artifice Bonus. When creating Planned Boards there is a chance to receive High Notes of Amber Resin. This chance is also increased by your Woodworking Artifice Bonus.
- Select a Vessel of at least 2x Liters of Vegetable Oil and right-click it onto an Oiling Trough.
- Right-click on your Oiling Trough to open it and place up to 8 Planed Boards inside.
- In about 2 days the Planed Boards will become either Oiled Boards or Warped Boards at about a 50/50 chance. Each Board will consume 2x Liters of Vegetable Oil. Warped Boards can be re-planed back into Planed Boards to try again.