List of domesticated animals:
Animals can be bought from other players or in Exploration Events in an autumnal forest, that is the only way to get them.
|Piglet x1||Pigs eat Walnuts to lower their temperament.|
|Lamb x1||Sheeps eat Carrots to lower their temperament.|
|Kid x1||Goats eat Baby Corns to lower their temperament.|
|Calf x1||Cows eat Clovers to lower their temperament.|
List of basic information
- Animals don't have quality like most items, they have stats instead.
- Animals must be fed placing food troughs filled with hay in their range.
- Animals must be killed first to get their meat, but some animals also give harvestable items like Wool
- Animals can't pull wagons
- Skills requires to mantain them include:
- Animals can be kept inside houses or barns, if kept outside they will get sick more often
- Animals die of old age, if they die of natural causes that won't increase the temperament of other animals nearby.
- But if you kill an animal near other animals that will increase the temperament of all animals nearby
List of stats information (by JohnCarver) :
For those first 3 bars you want them as low as possible.
- Orrnery would be like how happy it is, or how often it's will to fight, basically ornery = crancky
- Vulnerability is how often it can get sick I believe
- Metabolism is how well you process food, if i had to guess, High metabolism = a lot of poop, it may also need a lot of food, more then regular
Will they even eat the food?
They will eat food every 8-24 hours depending on how fast their metabolism is.
How much of the food they eat?
Between 4 and 10 pieces of food, depending on how hungry he is for a variety of reasons.
For the last 3 bars you want them as high as possible.
- Size is how much meat you get when you butcher them.
- Productivity is (most likely) how often it produces resources
- Longevity is how long life, this point not droping, but more then longer
List of mechanic information (by JohnCarver):
- Childrens animals grows 4 days
- Males can mate with any number of females without penalty.
- The act of mating improves the temperament of both animals. Males slightly more.
- Animals will only mate with something approx 11 tiles or less away.
You mean up to 11 tiles away? Or do they specifically need long distance boinking?
Females will seek out their males from an 11 tile radius. Then if they find one suitable, they will go to great lengths to mate with them, which includes climbing over fences and walls. This is because love has no bounds and was in no way a reflection of my lazy coding.
Is mating on interval related to feeding?
Mating is on its own interval not related to feeding. As a general rule of thumb once a female has given birth she will not mate again for at least 6 days. And two healthy, attractive, spunky and young animals should be getting busy with in less than 2 weeks.
- If either the male OR female are sick the mating will fail.
- Stillborns are very rare, unless the animal has been cursed by a witch. Then it will be far more likely.
- There is a random chance that the mother will die in child birth for each child. I.E. a larger litter has a higher probability the female will perish in delivery then a smaller litter.