With the Nut Orchards skill learned, Any Nuts can be Planted in a Gardening Pot to grow the appropriate Nut Tree. Planting in Gardening Pots lowers Insanity. Using the Roasted Nuts recipe, Any Nuts can be Roasted over a source of Fire such as a lit Fireplace or Pile of Wood. Cooking things over a Fire lowers your Insanity a little and has a chance to give you a Gelatinous Lard.
How to Plant in a Gardening Pot
- Select 1x Humus and left-click it onto your Gardening Pot.
- Select a Vessel with at least 1 liter of Potable Water and left-click it onto your Gardening Pot.
- Select the Potable item you wish to plant and left-click it onto your Gardening Pot. Planting in Gardening Pots lowers Insanity.
- Wait 3 days. Learning the Horticulture and Green Thumb Skills, as well as using the Store bought Gardener's Pot will reduce the time for plants to ripen.
- Once ripe, the plant's model will change. The Yield for non-bushes and Trees is two, unless you had the Store bought Garden Shovel equipped when planting in which case the default Yield is 3. When planting you will receive a bonus Yield which is determined by chance and your Herbs & Sprouts Proficiency. You will see your bonus Yield pop up in green as you add your Potable plant. At any point you may check the current Yield by right-clicking on your planted Gardening Pot.
- Ripe plants can now be picked by right-clicking the Gardening Pot and selecting "Pick". Bushes and Trees which have sprouted can be planted by Lifting the Gardening Pot and then right-clicking the ground and selecting "Plant".
For Bushes and Trees there is a chance for your planting will fail and you will instead receive a single Branch. This chance is determined by your Herbs & Sprouts and Natural Philosophy Proficiencies and additionally for some Trees, the Flora & Fauna of the pilgrim who took the Cutting.
The Purity of Trees and their products are determined by the Purity of the Gardening Pot it was grown in. When chopped down, Woodblocks will retain this Purity, however Woodblocks and products from Destroying the resulting Tree Stump will not have any Purity.