To make a Clay Pot, an Unburnt Clay Pot can be fired in either a Fireplace with a chance to fracture into a Pottery Shard, or fired with certainty in a Kiln. A Clay Pot is a Vessel generally used to Boil items. A Clay Pot holds up to 5 liters of liquid and has nine spaces for Boiling.
How to Boil Over a Fireplace
- Fuel and Light your Fireplace.
- Fill your Clay Pot or Copper Pot with Potable Water.
- Select the pot and right-click it onto your Fireplace to hang your pot over the Fire.
- Click on the pot and select "Open", and put the items you wish to boil into the pot.
- When the item is done boiling, its icon will change.
Storage Vessels are Vessels that can hold Any Liquid. To fill a Storage Vessel select your Storage Vessel and right-click on a Liquid Container or on a Body of Water. NOTE: When filling from a Body of Water, make sure to NOT left-click otherwise you will lose your Storage Vessel! You can transfer the contents from one Storage Vessel to another, or into Liquid Container, by selecting a Storage Vessel and right-clicking it on the object. You can also purge the contents of a Storage Vessel by right-clicking it and choosing "Empty". An empty Storage Vessel, or one containing the same liquid must be in your Inventory when Draining any Animal Hearts, Honeycomb, Leeches, Cracking Any Poultry Egg, or Melting Packed Snow otherwise the liquid will be lost. Liquids of the same type can be combined so long as there is room in the Vessel, but generally, liquids of differing types cannot.