A Catapult is a ballistic device which can fire Boulders which deal damage to pilgrims, Creatures, and Trial by Fires. Getting hit by a Boulder fired from a ballistic device will cause you to be briefly Stunned, deals a variable amount of Blood damage, and adds about 25 minutes of Concussion. Each subsequent hit will increase the length of your Concussion. The amount of Blood damage done is dependent of which Boulder you were hit with. A Catapult takes a long time to both build, load, and for the Boulder to land once fired.
How to Fire a Catapult
- With the skill Catapults learned, right-click the Catapult to begin slowly winding it back, this will drain Phlegm.
- Lift a Boulder and right-click on the Catapult to begin loading it.
- Once your Boulder is loaded, right-click on the Catapult, this will bring up the target.
- Without moving your character, move the Target to the desired location.
- Clicking again will cause the Catapult to fire. The target cannot be clicked behind or to the sides of the Catapult and has a range of at least 71 tiles.
Each Boulder does a different amount of Blood damage when fired from a Catapult.
A Concussion is received when getting hit by an object fired from a Catapult or Long Range Mortar. A Concussion your maximum Black Bile and prevents you from logging out or Sleeping. Different objects fired from them each have a different severity, additionally your Concussion can stack, so getting hit multiple times will increase the severity, and therefore the length, of your Concussion as well as the amount of Black Bile you lost. Concussions will go away on there own relative to the severity of the Concussion.
You cannot log out or go to Sleep