This recipe will make 3x Locks.
Locks and Keys
In order to use any Key, it must be Attuned to a specific Lock AND a specific person. Keys, once attuned, are personal and can only be used by one pilgrim, meaning that stolen Keys or found Keys cannot be used. Keys are automatically Attuned to their creator when they are made. Hovering over any Key will show the Key's name. If the name of the Key is Green it is usable by you; if it's Red it is not usable by you. Right-clicking on any Key allows you to rename it. Up to 8x Keys can be stored in a Keyring which can be equipped to the Keyring slot and will NOT be lost if you are Knocked Out. So long as the appropriate Key is in your inventory or Keyring, you may open locked structures simply by clicking on it. CAUTION: Once Gates are opened, they will remain open until you specifically close them or attach the Store Bought Spring.
Attuning a Key to a Lock
- Using an Anvil craft a Lock.
- Using an Anvil craft a Key.
- Select your Key and right-click it on your Lock. You can Attune the same Key to multiple Locks.
- Select your Lock and right-click it on the structure you wish to lock.
Changing a Lock
- Using an Anvil craft a new Lock.
- Select your New Key or Master Copy of Key and right-click it on your New Lock.
- Make sure you have a properly Attuned Key or Master Copy of Key to your existing Lock in your Inventory.
- Select the New Lock and right-click it on the structure Locked by the Old Lock.