Crafted with Fine Leathercraft or very rarely from Tanning Leather.
How to Make Fine Leather
- Place a Raw Hide on a Drying Frame. It'll become a Dried Hide after 8 hours. (Note: Dried Squirrel Pelts can't be used to make Leather.)
- Select a Lime from your inventory and right-click it onto a Bucket filled with Potable Water to make Milk of Lime.
- Craft a Limed Hide from the craft menu.
- Rose-tinted Tanning Fluid can be made by selecting a Vessel of Otto of Rose from your inventory and right-clicking it on a Vessel of Vegetable Oil. .1 liters of Otto of Rose used on a 10 liter Bucket of Vegetable Oil will make a 5% concentration of Rose-tinted Tanning Fluid. This concentration can be increased up to 50% by adding more Otto of Rose. The higher the concentration the better the chance of getting Fine Leather when Tanning. A 50% concentration has a 100% chance.
- Place up to four Limed Hides into a Tanning Tub.
- Select a Vessel filled with Rose-tinted Tanning Fluid from your inventory and right-click on the Tanning Tub. Make sure to add at least 10L of Rose-tinted Tanning Fluid per Limed Hide.
- Each time a Limed Hide reaches 100% it consumes 10L of Rose-tinted Tanning Fluid and it is converted into either Leather or Fine Leather. There's a chance of the Limed Hide becoming a Foetid Ooze instead, if that happens the Rose-tinted Tanning Fluid will not be consumed.
How to Slot Artifacts
Slotting is the process of taking an Artifact and attaching it to an item of Clothing.
1. Inspect your Artifact. Each Artifact has a range of Difficulty, and next to that, two Proficiencies, and Bonuses below that.
- Difficulty is how hard the Artifact is to Slot. The first number is the Maximum Difficulty and the second the Minimum Difficulty.
- The Max Difficulty can be lowered towards the Min Difficulty if your characters Proficiencies are high in same ones listed on the Artifact.
- Bonuses are how each Artifact benefits you when you wear the Clothing that Artifact is Slotted into.
2. Inspect your item of Clothing. Clothing has Slots and a Difficulty as well.
- The Higher the Thread & Needle of the pilgrim who made the clothing the lower its Difficulty. Teasel can also be used to lower this Difficulty.
- The number of Slots is the number of Artifacts which can be added to that Clothing. Some Artifacts like Decorative Lace, add additional Slots.
3. Once ready select your Artifact from your inventory and right-click it on the item of Clothing you wish to Slot.
- This will show you what % chance you have of a successful Slot. It is determined by a combination of both the Artifact and Clothing's Difficulty.
4. Select Slot to attempt to Slot your Artifact.
- A successful Slotting will see your Artifact attached to the item of Clothing. An unsuccessful Slotting will destroy the Artifact as well as one of the Clothing's Open Slots.
- There is a chance to remove an Artifact from an item of clothing by making sure you have a pair of scissors, such as Steel Scissors, equipped, and turning the Clothing into Rags. This will destroy the Clothing. The higher the scissors' Keen, the better chance there is to recover the Artifact.