Any Bellpeppers As a Variable Ingredient
When used as a variable ingredient in recipes Any Bellpeppers gives a Restore Bonus.
With the Vegetable Potting skill learned Any Bellpeppers can be planted in a Gardening Pot. NOTE: Planting in Gardening Pots lowers Insanity.
How to Plant in a Gardening Pot
- Select 1x Humus and left-click it onto your Gardening Pot.
- Select a Vessel with at least 1 liter of Potable Water and left-click it onto your Gardening Pot.
- Select the Potable item you wish to plant and left-click it onto your Gardening Pot. Planting in Gardening Pots lowers Insanity.
- Wait 3 days. Learning the Horticulture and Green Thumb Skills, as well as using the Store bought Gardener's Pot will reduce the time for plants to ripen.
- Once ripe, the plant's model will change. The Yield for non-bushes and Trees is two, unless you had the Store bought Garden Shovel equipped when planting in which case the default Yield is 3. When planting you will receive a bonus Yield which is determined by chance and your Herbs & Sprouts Proficiency. You will see your bonus Yield pop up in green as you add your Potable plant. At any point you may check the current Yield by right-clicking on your planted Gardening Pot.
- Ripe plants can now be picked by right-clicking the Gardening Pot and selecting "Pick". Bushes and Trees which have sprouted can be planted by Lifting the Gardening Pot and then right-clicking the ground and selecting "Plant".
Three factors influence Gardening Purity. The Purity of the Humus, the Purity of the Plant, and the Purity of the Gardening Pot. The Harvested Plant will be the average Purity of these three factors weighted towards the Humus. The formula is: Resulting Plant = ((Humus*2)+Pot+Initial Plant)/4. Any time the Resulting Plant's Purity is higher than the Gardening Pot's, the Gardening Pot's Purity will permanently increase by up to 2.56%. You may check your Gardening Pot's Purity by right-clicking it.